The Assam Public Service Commission is the prime organization in Assam to recommend candidates for Direct Recruitment to the various services of the State Government. APSC Exam is ahead and we are here to tell you How to Crack APSC Exam.
Please read this article till the end.
This organization advises the Government on all matters relating to framing of Recruitment Rules/Draft Service Rules of different departments of the Government.
APSC advises the Government relating to the method of recruitment to Civil Services.
If you are willing to appear in the upcoming APSC Exam 2018, this is the article for you. We have discussed here almost 80% knowledge to crack the APSC Exam.
Conditions for APSC Exam Eligibility 2018
To apply for the APSC Exam 2018, you must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit:
The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card/Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council, and no other document shall be accepted in lieu thereof for the purpose.
APSC Exam 2018 age limit for general category is 21 years to 43 years.
The upper age limit is relaxable by five years for SC/ST candidates i.e. up to 48 years.
There will also be a relaxation of upper age limit in respect of Persons with Disability by five years i.e. up to 48 years.
Read this post for APSC Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Pattern and Preparation
- Educational Qualification:
The candidate must hold a Degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India. Or, other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956. Or, possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Government.
APSC Books to Crack APSC Exam
#1 An All In One Package of General Studies-
This edition for APSC Exam 2018 is a fully updated, comprehensive and informative package for Civil Services examination aspirants. The contents have been designed by the latest syllabus requirements, with each volume presented in a well-structured, lucid manner that maintains an excellent balance between theory and practice.
Well supported by illustrations, tables, images, boxes and colored maps the books are a repository of information that enables easy understanding of topics.
Also, topic-wise question papers of the previous years, with answers, help aspirants to hone their skills in their run-up to the examination.
Outstanding Features of this book are-
- Fully updated, comprehensive and informative content
- Over 6500+ multiple choice questions
- Content supported by illustrations, tables, infoboxes and maps
- Previous Years’ Papers presented topic-wise
- Free colored maps of India and the world
The Author has discussed the following Contents in this book in total 06 Volumes:
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Indian Economy: Economic and Social Development
- Geography and Environmental Ecology
- General Science
- History and Cultureliminary Papers 2011-2017 with explanatory notes
#2 General Studies Package by Arihant Experts-
It strategically covers all dimensions of Indian History and Indian National Movement, Indian and World Geography, Indian Polity and Governance, Indian Economy, General Science and General Knowledge in widest possible and the most updated form.
The package comes with a different booklet of 5000+ most important points for revision which would help in fast track review for the upcoming Civil Services Preliminary Examination.
The package also comes with a free Deluxe Edition DVD of Encyclopedia Britannica worth Rs 2199 for free.
The book also contains last four years’ solved papers of General Studies Paper I to help aspirants get an insight into the new examination pattern and the types of questions asked therein.
Key features of GSP:
Complete coverage of all subjects as per new pattern of UPSC with updated and authentic contents
Conventional subjects like History, Geography, Polity and General Science are thoroughly updated along with updated section wise questions.
Contemporary topics from Indian Economy, Environment and Ecology, Science and Technology and General Awareness have been added in a simple and lucid form with latest facts and figures.
Current affairs in this book covering every National and International Event, Summits and Conferences have been included in this edition. It also includes Solved Paper of 2016.
New Practice Sets as per the new format of UPSC examination have been added in the book.
APSC Exam Pattern 2018:
The Combined Competitive Examination consists of two successive stages:-
- The Preliminary Examination
- The Main Examination (written & interview)
Preliminary Examination of APSC:
This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. After clearing the Preliminary Examination, a candidate is qualified for admission to the Main Examination. Marks obtained in this exam will not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices. OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet will be provided for answering questions. Candidates will have to use ONLY BLACK BALL PEN.USE OF ERASER, CHEMICAL, CORRECTION FLUID, etc. in the OMR answer sheet is prohibited, and answer sheets are bearing traces of such use shall not be evaluated.
The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of objective type multiple choice questions of two hours duration each.
Paper-I General Studies (Objective type multiple choice question paper)
Duration of the test =2hrs
Paper-II One subject to be selected from the list of optional subjects given below:
(Objective type multiple choice question paper)
Duration of the test =2hrs
|OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR PRELIMINARY PAPER-II|
|Geography||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science|
|Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|APSC Important Books to Read in 2018|
Syllabus of APSC Preliminary Exam
#1 Syllabus of APSC CC Preliminary Paper I (General Studies):
APSC has published the syllabus for the Paper I in their website apsc.nic.in. For APSC Exam 2018, this paper tests the General knowledge of a candidate. You should have knowledge about the current happenings all over the world including India and Especially in Assam.Here is the Syllabus for General Studies paper for Prelims-
- Indian Polity
- Political System in India
- Current events of National and International Importance
- Indian Economy
- Planning Process in India
- Geography of India, Assam, and World
- Role of Science and Technology in India
- Culture and literature of Assam, India, and World
- History of Assam, and India
- Indian National Movement with special Reference to Assam
- General Mental Ability
#2 Syllabus of APSC CC Preliminary Paper II (Optional Subjects):
Second Paper of APSC Preliminary Exam is a multiple choice objective question paper. There are total 28 Subjects and you have to choose only one. You will get 02 hours to solve the paper of optional subjects for 200 marks.
In APSC Exam 2018, each subject has a different syllabus, and you have to study the subject of your choice thoroughly.
These syllabuses are of Degree level courses of the Universities of the State of Assam.
1. New APSC Exam 2018 Syllabus for Agriculture:
Agriculture, its importance in national economy factors determining agroecological zone and geography distribution of crop plants. Principal crops of India, cultural practices for cereal pulses, oilseed, fiber, sugar and tuber crops and the scientific basis for these crop rotation, multiple and relay cropping intercropping and mixed cropping.
Soil as a medium of plant growth and its composition, mineral and organic constituents of the soil and their role in crop production, chemical, physical and microbiological properties of the soils essential plant nutrients, their functions, occurrence, and cycling in soils, principles of soil fertility and its evaluation for judicious fertilizer use. Organic manures and bio-fertilizers, straight, complex and mixed fertilizers manufactured and marketed in India.
Principles of plant physiology concerning plant nutrition absorption, translocation, and metabolism of nutrients. Diagnosis of nutrient deficiencies and their amelloration photosynthesis and respiration, growth and development auxins and hormones in plant growth. Elements of Genetics and Plant breeding as applied to the improvement of crops, development of plant hybrids and composites, great varieties, hybrids and composites of major crops.
Important fruit and vegetable crops of India, the package of practices and their scientific basis, crop rotation, intercropping and companion crops, the role of fruits and vegetables in human nutrition, post-harvest handling and processing of fruits and vegetables. Serious pests and diseases, affecting major crops principles of pest control, integrated control of pests and diseases, proper use, and maintenance of plant protection equipment. Principles of economics as applied to agriculture.
Farm planning and resource management for optional production, Farming systems and their role in regional economics. Philosophy, objectives, and principles of extension. Extension organization at the stations and responsibilities. Methods of communication, Role of farm organization in extension service.
2. Syllabus for Computer Science
1. Data Structures Continuous and Non-continuous data structure Dynamic storage allocations, File organization techniques.
2. Formal Languages and Automata Theory Finite state machines, Push down automata, Finite automata, Context free language, Contact sensitive languages, Turing machine, Decision question and Undecided problems.
3. Computer Organisation Functional components, CPU design, Memory organization and I/) organization.
4. The principle of Programming Languages Various programming paradigms Syntax, Semantics, Block structure, Scooping Binding, Object oriented programming Functional programming. Logic and Concurrent programming.
5. Operating Systems Process management, Memory management, File management and I/O management.
6. Software Engineering Life cycle model, Function oriented design, Object oriented design, User interface design, Coding and Testing, Software requirement, Project Management, Software Reliability, and Maintenance.
7. Database Management Concept, Data independence, Difference models, Storage organization, Query languages, Normal forms, Decomposition, Security, Concurrency, Recovery. 8. Data Communication and Computer Networks Basics of digital communication, Network Architecture, Physical layer, Transport layer and Application layer.
8. Data Communication and Computer Networks Basics of digital communication, Network Architecture, Physical layer, Transport layer and Application layer.
3. Syllabus of Economics:
UNIT – I:Economics problem, nature of economics laws, price mechanism, Demand and supply. Nnature of demand curve Elastic and inelastic demand, Factors determining them, Indifference curves – properties, laws of returns, Superiority over analysis, Cost curves, Fixed and Variable, marginal cost and average cost, their relationship. Equilibrium, conditions of equilibrium under perfect competition monopoly and monopolistic competition. Gross and net national income rent wages, interest, and profit, Trade cycles, Characteristics, Phases and causes of trades. Types of unemployment.
UNIT -II: National income, estimate and measurement difficulties, different kinds of money, the origin of money, supply of money, price level, index numbers, its construction, uses and limitations quantity theory of money, assumption, and restriction. Power and functions of the central bank, inflation, and deflation, causes and remedies. Monetary standards, foreign exchange, its determination.
UNIT – III :Nature of public finance, Distinction between public finance and private finance. Sources of public revenues, tax and non-tax revenue, direct and indirect taxes incidence and burden of taxation, Factors determining taxable capacity, government spending and public debt, Effect of tax government spending and public debt on production and employment methods of debt, repayment, Distinction between debt redemption and conversion, Fiscal policy and monetary policy, their limitations. Tax Evasion and fiscal avoidance, Fiscal policy, its role in a developing economy.
UNIT – IV:Developed, underdeveloped and developing countries basic features and characteristics concerning India, India’s national income during plan-period, the contribution of different sectors to national income, population problems- its impacts on economic development, unemployment & capital formation. The agricultural problem, causes of low, productivity, mechanization of India agriculture, green revolution- its impact Land reforms, agricultural credit, agricultural marketing, slow growth of industries in India- causes and remedies, Industrial Policy, Industrial Finance- its sources. Public Sector Industries- their role and efficiency, small scale industries, problems and remedial measures. Foreign Trade, Trades-gaps and measures of bridging them, Role of economic planning- objectives, priorities, achievements and failure in India Price Problem – causes and remedies. Poverty eradication measures adopted under Five Year Plans, nationalization of Commercial Banks- Lead Bank Scheme.
4. Electrical Engineering Syllabus for APSC Exam 2018:
Primary and Secondary cells, Dry-accumulators, Solar Cells, Steady state analysis of DC and AC Network, network theorems, network function, Laplace techniques, transient response, frequency response, three-phase network, inductively coupled circuits.
Mathematical modeling of dynamic linear systems, transfer functions, block diagrams, the stability of control systems. Electrostatic and magnetostatic field analysis, Maxwell’s equations, Wave equations and electromagnetic waves.
Basic methods of measurements, standards, error analysis, indicating instruments, cathoderay oscilloscope, measurement of voltage, current, power resistance, inductance, capacitance, frequency, time and flux, electric motors. Vacuum based and Semiconductor devices and analysis of electronic circuits, single and multistage audio and radio, small signal and large signal amplifiers, oscillators and feedback amplifiers, waveshaping circuits and time base generators, multivibrators and digital circuits, modulation and demodulation circuits.
Transmission line at audio, radio and U.H. frequencies reduencies, Wire and Radio Communication. Generation of e.m.f. and torque in the rotation machine, motor, and generator characteristics os d.c. Synchronous and induction machines, equivalent circuits, commutation starters, phaser diagram, losses, regulation, power transformers.
Modeling of transmission lines, steady, state and transient stability, surge phenomena and insulation coordination, protective devices and schemes for power system equipment. Conversion of a.c. to d.c. and d.c. to a.c., controlled and uncontrolled power, speed control techniques for drives.
5. Physics for APSC Exam 2018:
Group A : Newton’s Law of motion, force & impulse, Moment of Inertia, Radius of gyration, Theorem of perpendicular & parallel axes, Moment of Inertia of rod, cylinder, disc and sphere, Simple Harmonic Motion. Kepler’s Laws of planetary motion, Artificial satellites, Elasticity: Hooke’s law, Elastic Constants, Viscosity of fluids Pioseullie’s equation, Surface Tension, Angle of Contact, Velocity of sound. Effect of temperation & pressure on the velocity of sound, Vibration of string, Laws of transverse vibration, the Longitudinal vibration of strings, Stationery waves in strings and air-column.
Group B: Combination of two lenses separated by a distance, Power of a Lens, Spherical aberration and chromatic aberration, Interference of light, Determination of wave length by a Biprism, Colours of thin films. Newton’s rings, Diffraction of light, Fresnel class and Fraunhofer class of diffraction. A diffraction grating, the Dispersive power of grating, Zone plate, Polarisation of Light, Production, and analysis of polarized light, Nicol prism, Circular and Elliptical polarization, Rotation of plane of polarisation, Scattering of light – color of the sky.
Group C: Measurement of temperature, Maximum and Minimum, Thermometer, Measurement of high temperature and low temperature. Expansion of solids and liquids, Coefficients of linear and cubical expansion, Apparent and absolute expansion of liquid. Expansion of gasses, Gas laws, Coefficient of increase of pressure at constant volume, Coefficient in the increase of volume at constant pressure. Calorimetry. Two specific heats of gasses.<
Change of state, Latent heat of fusion and vaporization, Kinetic theory of gasses, Perfect gas laws, Root mean square velocity, Relation between heat and work, First law of square dynamics, Second Law of Thermodynamics, Carnot’s cycle, Clausius and Clapeyron’s equation, Heat Engines, Petrol Engine, Diesel Engine.
Group D: Ohm’s Law (Electricity and Magnetism) Kirchhoff’s Laws, Application of Kirchhoff’s Laws, Platinum Resistance, Thermometer – temperature, measurement, Thermo-electricity, Peltier and Thomson effect, Thermocouples and measurement of temperature, Chemical effects of current, Electrolysis, Electromagnetic, Induction, Self and Mutual Induction.
Varying currents, Growth, and Decay of currents, Energy stored up in a circuit. Alternating current, Virtual current, R.M.S. value of current, Peak value of current, virtual volt, Impedance, Reactance, Wattles’s current.
Group E: Cathode Rays, Velocity and e/m of the electron, Millikan’s oil drop experiment CRT, X-rays production and properties, Application of X-rays, Bohr’s theory of hydrogen spectra, Photo-electric effect and Einstein’s explanation, Radioactivity, Decay constant, Half-life, Mean life, Isobar and Isotopes, Cyclotron. Electromagnetic radiation, Valves – Diode and Triode, Amplification factor, Rectifiers, Zeeman effect, Raman effect, Cosmic Rays.
6. Political Science for APSC Exam 2018:
Unit – I (a) Nature and scope of political science, Its relationship with other social sciences. (b) Origin of the State – Social Contract Theory and Evolutionary Theory. (c) Functions of the State – Leissex Faire and Socialistic. Theories – Welfare State. (d) Democracy and Dictatorship. (e) Sovereignty – Characteristics and kinds. (f) Law – Liberty, and Equality.
Unit – II (a) Basic features of the Indian Constitution. (b) Indian Parliament – Executive and Judiciary. (c) Governor and Chief Minister of an Indian State. (d) Present Local Self-Government in Assam. (e) Union Public Service Commission and State Public Service Commission.
Unit – III Constitutions of U.K. and U.S.A. Unit – IV The Organs of the U.N.
7. APSC Exam 2018 Syllabus for Psychology:
1. Nature and Scope of Psychology, Applied fields of Psychology, Methods of Psychology.
2. Nervous System – Central and autonomic nervous system, Localisation of functions in the brain.
3. Genetic and environmental factors in human development, Nature, and nature.
4. Sensory processes – Structure and functions of the human eye. Structure and functions of the human ear.
5. Perceptual processes – Selectivity of Perception, Perceptual constancies, Organization and perception, Depth perception, Movement perception, Role of experience in perception.
6. Principles of learning, Classical and operant conditioning, Cognitive learning, learning by modeling.
7. Verbal learning and memory, Input, Storage and retrieval of information, Forgetting.
8. Nature of motivation. Concepts of needs drives, indentives and arousal, Biological and another factor of motivation.
9. Nature of frustration, Reactions to frustration, Defence mechanisms, and adjustment.
10. Group behaviors, Group Dynamics, Leadership, Roles and expectation.
11. Behaviour disorders, Psychoneuroses, Psychosomatic disorders, Personality disorders.
12. Tests for measuring individual differences – Stanford Binest test, Differential aptitude test, Minnesota Multiphasic inventory.
8. Syllabus for Zoology:
1. For APSC Exam 2018, you should study General characters and classification of non-chordates (upto classes) and chordates (upto order) of the following : Protozoa, Porifera, Coelenterata, Platyhelminthes, Nemathel-minthes, Annelida, Arthropod Mollusca, Echinodermat and chordeta.
2. Anatomical structures and their functions and life history of the following types : Paramlecium, Plasmodium, Euglena, Entamoeba, Sycon, Obelia, Liver, Fluke, Ascaris, Leech, Nereis, Prawn, Cock-roach, Pila, Unio, Starfish, Amphioxus, Scoliodon, Toad, Calotecs, Pigeon and Rat.
3. Structure of an animal cell, Structure and function of cell organelles, Mitosis and Meiosis cell division.
4. Biotic and abiotic factors, Eco-system, Food chain, Pollution in air, water and land.
5. Wild life of India with special reference to N.E. India. endangered species.
6. Comparative study of integument, Pectoral and felvic girdles heart and urinogenital system of vertebrates.
7. Beneficial and harmful insects, Life history and culture of Eri, Muga and Honey Bee.
8. Nucleic acid and biosynthesis of protein.
9. Mendelian Laws of inheritance, Linkage and crossing over mutation. 10. Evidences and theories of evolution.
11. Fossil and fossil dating
12. Nature and function of enzymes.
13. Physiology of digestion, respiration and excretion of a mammal.
14. The composition of blood, blood grouping in man and coagulation of blood.
15. Histophysiology of pancrease, pituitary and thyroid glands.
17. Fertilization, cleavage and gastruletion.
18. Formation of Foetal membrances in chick and mammals.
19. Zoogeographical realms of the world and its fauna. 20. The concept of species and sub-species, Binomial nomenclature and international code.
9. APSC Exam 2018 Syllabus for Fisheries:
Learn the Basic principles of aquaculture. Origin growth and present global and national scenario. Know Prospects of aquaculture concerning the national and state economy.
Status, scope, and prospects of freshwater aquaculture in India and North Eastern States. Systems of aquaculture. Concepts of integrated aquaculture systems. Cultivable fin and shell fishes.
Soil and water quality for fish culture.
Manuring and fertilization of fish pond. Management of soil quality for aquaculture.
Inland water bodies – physical, chemical and biological properties of water about aquaculture. Biological communities of inland waters. Common groups of phyto and zoo planktons.
Pond for fish culture. Location, design and construction of fish pond, cage and pen.
Fish and shell fish breeding, traditional and modern fish hatching devices. Brood stock and nursery pond management.
Fish feed – natural and artificial. Nutritional requirement of commercially important cultivable fish species. Conventional and non-conventional fish feeds. Feed formulation and processing.
Significance of fish diseases in relation to aquaculture practices, their diagnosis and fish health management. * Economics of fish production system – culture and capture. * Concept and fundamentals of fishery extension education. Present system of fishery extension service.
Fishing gears. Traditional fishing fears of gears and other water bodies of Assam. Modern commercial fishing methods. Traditional and modern methods of fish preservation. Post harvest management of fin and shell fish. Marine capture fisheries.
APSC Exam 2018 Syllabus for other Subjects:
3. CRYPTOGAMSALGAE, FUNGI, BRYOPHYTES, PTERIDOPHYTES, GYMNOSPERMS, ANGIOSPERMS, PHYSIOLOGY, ECOLOGY, CYTOGENETICS & PLANT BREEDING, EVOLUTION BOTANY and ECONOMICBOTANY.
11. Chemical Engineering:
FUNDAMENTALS & STOICHIOMETRY, MATERIAL SCIENCE AND CORROSION, ENERGY RESOURCES AND UTILIZATION, FLUID FLOW OPERATIONS, and CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY (INORGANIC).
12. Civil Engineering:
STATICS, DYNAMICS, KINEMATICS, KINETICS, STRENGTH OF MATERIALS, SOIL MECHANICS, FLUID MECHANICS, and SURVEYING.
Atomic structure, Periociaty of Properties, Valency, Coordination compounds.
Classification of organic compounds.
Kinetic theory of gasses and gas lows, Thermodynamics, Dilute Solutions, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical Kinetics, Electro Chemistry.
PART: I: ACCOUNTING
PART: II: BUSINESS ORGANISATION AND SECRETARIAL PRACTICE.
Meaning, definition, and scope of Education, Aims of Education, School and community, Curriculum, Correlation of studies, Discipline, Theories of play, Educational for national integration and international understanding.
PART – II Psychology, Physical basis of mental life, Needs, drives and motives, Emotions and instincts, Learning, Attention and Interest, Intelligence, and Statistics in education.
Basic Circuit Theory, Electronic Devices, Electronic Circuits, Digital Electronic Circuits, Communication, Microprocessor, etc.
SECTION-I Physical, Economic, and Human Geography.
SECTION – II Geography of the world.
SECTION – III Geography of India and North East India.
GROUP – A General and Structural Geology,
GROUP – B Paleontology,
GROUP – C Crystallography and Mineralogy,
GROUP – D Petrology,
GROUP – E Economic Geology,
GROUP – E Economic Geology.
19. Indian History:
Ancient India: Indus Valley Civilisation to Sultan Mahmud and Muhammad of Ghor.
The Period of the Delhi Sultanate,
Mughal Empire in India,
CONSTITUTION OF INDIA,
INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE LAW and
LAW OF TORTS.
Algebra, Calculus, Vectors, Trigonometry.
22. Mechanical Engineering:
Statics, Dynamics, Theory of Machines, Mechanics of Solids, Manufacturing Science, Production, Management(s), Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Energy Conversion, Environmental Control.
23. Medical Science:
Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and Biochemistry, Reproduction, Cardiovascular system, Gl system, Haematology, Respiration, Renal Physiology, Nucleic acids, Pathology and Microbiology, Medicine, Surgery,
GROUP – A GENERAL PHILOSOPHY (WESTERN AND INDIAN),
GROUP – B LOGIC, PSYCHOLOGY,
GROUP – C ETHICS AND SOCIAL PHILOSOPHY.
Nature, Scope, and Methods of Sociology. Basic concepts, Social Groups, Religion, Social Stratification, Social Processes, Culture, Social Control, Special Change.
26. Statistics in total 06 Units:
- Probability (20 percent weight).
- Statistical Methods (20 percent weight).
- Statistical Inference (20 percent weight).
- Sampling Theory and Design of Experiments (20 percent weight).
- The Series and quantitative economics (10 percent weight).
- Demography and Educational Statistics (10 percent weight).
I. Physical Anthropology
III. Social and Cultural Anthropology,
28. Animal Husbandry & Vety Science:
1. DAIRY AND POULTRY SCIENCE,
2. ANIMAL GENETICS,
3. ANIMAL NUTRITION, VETERINARY SCIENCE, POULTRY DISEASES, Definition Infertile and Sterile, Courses of infertility and sterility in large animals, Detection of heat and insemination of animals.
APSC Exam 2018 Main Test
After successfully passed the Preliminary Examination, a candidate has to apply for the Main Test in the prescribed application form.
Those candidates selected to appear in the Main Examination will have to pay another Examination fee to be fixed in due course, separately by Treasury Challan under the same head of Account specifying the fee as C.C. (Main) Examination Fee, 2018.
The process of APSC Main Examination:
On the results of the Preliminary Examination, the number of candidates to be admitted to the written part of the Main Examination will be 11 to 12 times the number of vacancies notified.
The selection of APSC Exam 2018 will be strictly by merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
The Main Examination is consists of the following subjects-
- Written Examination and
- Interview Test.
The pattern of Written Examination:
The questions of the examination will be of conventional type.
The written test will consist of the following papers of 3 hours duration each.
|General English||300||3 hours|
|General Studies||300||3 hours|
|Optional Subject 1 Paper-I||200||3 hours|
|Optional Subject 1 Paper-II||200||3 hours|
|Optional Subject 2 Paper-I||200||3 hour|
|Optional Subject 2 Paper-II||200||3 hours|
Any two subjects are to be selected from the list of optional subjects given below.
|OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR MAIN WRITTEN EXAM|
|Geology||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science|
|Chemical Engineering||MIL (one)- Assamese, Bengali, English Literature, Hindi, Bodo & Classical Languages, Arabic, Persian, Sanskrit.|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Physics|
|Law||Important Books to Read for the Main Exam 2018|
Candidates WILL NOT be allowed to offer the following combinations of subjects:
- Anthropology and Sociology
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Philosophy and Psychology
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- You can take only one of the Engineering subjects.
APSC Exam Syllabus for 2018 Mains:
APSC has published the syllabus for CC Main Examination 2018 on their official website. There are 06 papers for 04 subjects in the main exam. Each Subject and question paper have a different syllabus.
So, it is important to know the exact and latest syllabus for better preparation.
Here we have collected the Syllabus for you. You can download from here.
#1 Syllabus of General English:
Essay Writing, Precis writing on unseen passage, Comprehension, and Expression, Correction of Common Error, Usage of Vocabulary, Test of Ability of the candidates to write the substance in correct and precise language avoiding the inessential points.
#2 Syllabus for General Studies:
Indian Polity, Political System in India, Indian Economy and Geography of India and Assam, Role and Impact of Science and Technology in India, Planning process in India, Current Events of National and International Events, Indian Culture, Ancient and Modern History of India.
#3 APSC Exam 2018 Syllabus for Optional Subjects:
There are whole 36 optional subjects including 08 MIL. You have to choose only 02. Thes papers are not easy to crack. So, we recommend you to learn the official syllabus and start your preparation as early as possible. You can download the syllabus of your preferable subject from here.
Also, read- Assam Police job secrets.
The process of Viva-Voice Interview for APSC Exam 2018:
Total Marks- 200
On the results of the written part of the APSC Main Examination, the number of candidates to be called for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies advertised.
The selection will be strictly on merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
A board will take interview of the candidates. The interview, however, will not have any qualifying marks.
The marks scored at the Interview will be added to the marks scored in the written Examination (Main). The ranking of the candidates will be determined by the total marks obtained.
Admission certificates (ADMIT CARD)
Commission takes up the verification of eligibility conditions only after the candidates have qualified for the Main Examination.
Admission certificate indicating the eligible candidate’s Roll no., venue and program of the exam will be uploaded in the Commission’s website, for appearing in the APSC Exam 2018.
Candidates must produce a photo identity proof of any of the following in the examination hall:
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Voters ID card
- Bank Passbook containing photograph
- ID Card issued by the educational Institution where he/she is studying presently
- ID card issued by Government or public sector undertaking.
The Centres for the Preliminary Combined Competitive Exam:
The Centres for the Preliminary Combined Competitive Exam:
Guwahati is the only center to held the preliminary exam of APSC.
Date of APSC Preliminary Exam 2018:
Tentative Schedule is proposed assuming that proper requisition will be received for the concerned posts in stipulated time from the Government.
There may be some more Examinations/Viva-voce during the year 2018. Date of Preliminary and Main Examination will be notified in due course. However, as the tentative schedule, Examination will be held in the month of May 2018.
Candidates admitted to the examination will be informed of the time place or places of APSC Exam 2018.
How to Crack APSC Exam 2018:
Less than 10% candidates qualify in the APSC Exam. So, it is clear that the level of the exam is too high to achieve.
You should collect the study materials as early as possible. Collect the best study books, practice sets, and previous years question papers.
Along with your study according to the latest syllabus, you should solve practice papers regularly. Solving practice sets you can increase your belief level.
Previous years papers will tell you about the pattern of questions and exact syllabus of APSC Exam 2018.