04 Facts About Dibrugarh University Distance Education
Dibrugarh University Distance Education system has changed many lives in Assam. Distance Education in Dibrugarh University started from the year 2001. This is one of the most important institution for higher education in North-East India.
The Directorate of Open and Distance Learning(DODL), Dibrugarh University started their courses in 2001 with a vision to reach the unreached. During the last three decades, most of the Department and the Centres of studies of the University received a large number of applications for admission into different programmes offered.
This university is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Dibrugarh University Distance Education is an important center of learning and building career in the northeast states.
I have discussed all the important things about this university on this post. Please read the article till the end and know everything about Dibrugarh University Distance Education in Assam.
This university provides various courses to choose for the graduate and postgraduate candidates. A good news is that this University is accredited by the NAAC ‘B’ grade. Dibrugarh University Distance Education notice published time to time for the admission of different classes.
The quality of education provided by Dibrugarh University Distance Education is well-known for various under-graduate and postgraduate courses in faculties of computer science, engineering & technology, management and juridical services.
Colleges for Dibrugarh University Distance Education:
- Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat
- Dibrugarh University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dibrugarh
- Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat
- North Eastern Regional Institute of Management, Guwahati
- Tinsukia College, Tinsukia
- The Gargaon College, Sivasagar
- North Lakhimpur College, Lakhimpur
- Jorhat Law College, Jorhat
- Jogananda Dev Satradhikar Goswami College, Golaghat
- Jagannath Barooah College, Jorhat
- Chandra Kamal Bezbarua Commerce College, Jorhat
- Assam Institute of Mass Communication and Media Research, Guwahati
Dibrugarh University distance education Courses:
DU offers various degree and diploma courses for the students. You can study a course given below as per your choice. Please check the eligibility criteria before applying for a course.
I have also discussed the fee structure and total duration of a course by Dibrugargh University distance education.
Here is the complete list of courses you can choose from.
#1 Bachelor degree:
Dibrugarh University Distance Education offers the following courses for Bachelor degree. Duration of the courses are 3 years each.
- Bachelor of Arts (Major)
- Bachelor of Arts – pass course
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Aviation, Hospitality & Tourism)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Flying)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Computer Application
The open education of DU offers these three years degree courses (TDC).
Eligibility conditions for the following courses is 10+2. Any HS passed student can apply for any bachelor degree course under Dibrugarh University Distance Education programme.
Admission Fee: for the 3 years degree course under DU Open university, fee structure is different as per the subject. Fees are in between 2500 rupees to 400 rupees.
#2 Masters Degree:
The post graduate courses under distance education of dibrugarh University is of 2 years duration. They have offered PG courses in the following departments.
With the help of DU open university, you can complete your master degree only in 2 years.
- Political Science
- M.A./ M.Sc in Mathematics
To apply for the PG courses under Dibrugarh University distance education, you should have passed Bachelor degree in the respective subject. for M. A. in Assamese and Education any graduate can apply.
Fee structure for this course is 5000 rupees only.
if you are a HS passed student and want to get a diploma in the following fields, you can do it from Dibrugarh University. Dibrugarh University distance education offers 1 year diploma course for the interested candidates in low fee.
You can do the Aviation, Hospitality or Tourism diploma only at 3500 rupees from Dibrugarh University.
- Diploma in Business Administration (Aviation, Hospitality & Tourism)
#4 Post Graduate Diploma
This University also offers post graduate diploma for the graduate candidates. Duration of PG diploma is also 1 year.
Fee for the following courses is only 6000 rupees only. but, PGDCA in Computer application can be done only at 3500 rupees form Dibrugarh University distance education.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Application(PGDCA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication(PGDJMC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
Dibrugarh University distance education Admission Process:
Here I am discussing the process of admission for the courses in open education of DU.
Before applying for admission, you should study the prospectus carefully. In the prospectus, you will get the latest rules and fees for the Dibrugarh University distance education.
- If you have the eligibility conditions mentioned above, you can apply for a course.
- Please contact one of the study centers mentioned above to collect the prospectus and admission form.
- The study center will provide all the documents.
- You should fill the application form carefully and submit within the last date along with registration fee.
- If your admission is granted, you will eligible to study the course.
- You not to worry about age limit. There is no limit of age to study under Dibrugarh University distance education.
Dibrugarh University Distance Education Contact Info:
You can directly contact the director of Distance education cell of Dibrugarh University. Here is the address of the institution.
Directorate of Distance Education
Dibrugarh – 786004
For Enquiry relating to examinations, results, marksheets, revaluation and related matters etc., you can contact the Telephone No: +91 (0373) 2371022.
Candidates will get all other information by contacting the Directorate of Distance Education, D.U.
Telephone No.: +91 (0373) 2370207
Fax :+91 (0373) 2370323