Diploma in Elementary Education Assam is most important for teaching jobs in Assam. Under RTE Act 2009, Possession of a professional qualification such as D.El.Ed. of a teacher is mandatory for any appointment as teacher at the elementary stage in all government/ provincialised/ private schools in Assam according to NCTE norms.
Applications are therefore invited from the youths of Assam for admission into 2 – Year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) Course in NCTE recognized Teacher Education Institutes of the state for the academic session 2018-2020. You should be a permanent resident of the State of Assam and you should have interest teaching profession at the elementary level.
SCERT Assam DELED Courses are beginning from the 1st July 2018 for acquiring the mandatory professional skill in teaching.
But, acquiring of this diploma by a person will not automatically enable him/her to claim recruitment in elementary schools.
Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EL.ED.) COURSE in Assam (2018-2020)
If you are aspiring to take up teaching at the elementary level as a profession, you may apply for the 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D. El. Ed.) course for the academic session 2018- 2020.
This course is beginning from 1st July 2018 in the NCTE recognized Government Elementary Teachers’ Education Institutes of Assam.
Applications are, therefore, invited from the intending candidates having aptitude to serve with dedication as teachers in Elementary Schools for admission into the 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education course to be started from 01.07.2018
Interested candidates may submit their applications through online in the prescribed format available on the website www.scertassam.co.in
Number of Seats for DLED Assam:
For the course of (Diploma in Elementary Education) DL Ed Assam, admission will be open for two batches in each Teacher Education Institute, (DIET & Normal school) one for the Lower primary and the other for the Upper Primary course.
In BTCs the course will be for lower primary stage.
Admission to Upper primary course will be in the ratio of 30% for Science graduates and 70% for other Arts/Commerce graduates. Out of the total seats earmarked for the Science graduates, at least 50% will be for graduates with physical sciences and remain for graduates with biological science.
A District wise merit list will be prepared and allotment will be made by the State Level Committee among the Teacher Education Institutes in the districts as per merit, and availability of seats. A waiting list will also be prepared.
Reservation of seats for Diploma in Elementary Education Assam:
There will be reservation of seats for SC, ST, OBC/MOBC, Persons with disability (PWD) as per the norms of the Govt. of Assam. Duration of the Course: The course will be of 2 years’ duration for both the batches.
Eligibility criteria for D. El Ed. Assam:
As per NCTE norms, a candidate should have the eligibility conditions described below. These are the most important criteria. So, read the following criteria carefully.
For more details log on official website http://www.scertassam.co.in
You should fulfill the following criteria of citizenship to apply for the DElEd exam.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India and
- He should be a permanent resident of Assam
#2 Educational Qualification:
To apply for the upcoming course of Diploma in Elementary Education Assam, you must have the ability to write, read and converse fluently in regional language.
For Lower Primary level:
The applicant od D El Ed must have passed 10+2 examination from recognized Boards / Councils (the candidates shall have to submit an equivalent certificate from the competent authority) with at least 50% marks in aggregate excluding marks secured in extra optional. For candidates belonging to SC/ST category, there will be a relaxation of 5% of marks in aggregate.
Graduate in Arts/ Science/ Commerce stream from a recognized university.
For Upper Primary level:
The applicant must be a graduate in any stream.
He should get the qualification from a recognized University in Arts/ Science/ Commerce stream.
#3 Age Limit for DElEd Assam:
Age of the applicant of Diploma in Elementary Education Assam must not be less than 18 years and not more than 34 years and 36 years for SC/ST categories as on 1st July 2018.
- Age of the UR applicants must not be less than 18 years and not more than 34 years as on 1st July 2018.
- There will be relaxation by 2 years for candidates belonging to SC & ST categories.
- Reservation of seats for the candidates belonging to reserved categories including OBC/MOBC/SC/ST/Person With
- Disability(PWD) will be as per existing Govt. norms.
How to Apply for SCERT Pre-Exam:
An eligible candidate has to apply through the official website of Directorate of State Council of Educational Research and Training. Candidates can apply only On-line by log into http://www.scertassam.co.in
To apply for the entry test of D. El Ed. Assam, you have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria described above.
Before starting your online application process, keep ready all the documents with you.
Candidates can apply only On-line by log on to www.scertassam.co.in
Application Fee Rs. 200.00 (Two hundred) only for all categories to be Paid on-line (Internet Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/Wallet).
Candidates will be able to download his/her Admit Card from the website of SCERT from May by entering his/her Registration Number and Date of Birth generated during online submission of application.
Selection Process of Diploma in Elementary Education Assam:
The candidates of D El Ed have to appear a PRE-ENTRY TEST (PET) for 100 marks and qualified candidates will be selected for the course.
Selection will be made purely on merit basis depending on the total marks obtained in the Pre-Entry Test & in HSSLC or Graduation Examinations. Same criteria will be followed in case of reserved categories candidates also.
Selected candidates will have to produce mark sheet, pass certificate, age proof certificate, caste certificate and other testimonials in original at the concerned center at the time of admission for verification.
All the selected candidates have to submit an undertaking to the principals of the TEIs in Rs 10/- Court free paper with their signature as follows-
“I do hereby declare that I have not taken any admission in other courses except 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education ( D.El.Ed.) Course. The authority may cancel my candidature immediately with disciplinary action if somebody may submit evidence for my engagement in any other courses or other departments in the same academic year”
SCERT Assam DELED PET Result:
After successfully conducting the PET exam for deled program, SCERT publishes the result for admission. You can take admission to the selected diet center. The complete list of DIET centers are in the below paragraph.
D. El. Ed. Assam Course Structure and Examinations:
The course of Diploma in Elementary Education Assam is of a 2-year duration consisting of 4 semesters.
The curriculum is based on the National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education, 2005.
The semester end examination will be conducted by a State level Board (SBTE) as constituted by the Government of Assam.
Course Fee of DElEd Assam:
(For DIET/Normal School/BTC)
- Admission fee: Rs.50/- to be deposited in one installment at the time of admission
- Monthly fee: Rs.50/- to be paid monthly by 10th of each month
- Examination fee: Rs.700/- per semester. To be paid at the beginning of each of the 4 (four) semesters.
Electricity charges & others:
- Rs.35/- per month for the candidates staying in the hostel.
- Rs.25/- per month for the candidates staying outside.
- Admission fee as well as tuition fee, will be submitted in the Govt. exchequer by The Principals of TEIs through Treasury Challan in the head of account “0202’’-Education”.
- The divisible pool formed by the examination fee will be shared by SBTE and TEIs @ Rs 400/- and Rs 300/- respectively.
D.El.Ed. SCERT Hostel and Exam Rules:
- Hostel accommodation will be provided free of cost subject to availability of hostels and seats. However, the trainees will have to carry their bedding, bucket, mug, dish, glass, etc. for their personal use. In the event of non-availability of hostel facilities, the candidates will have to arrange their accommodation themselves.
- The cost of food will have to be born by the trainees themselves.
- Students whose attendance is below 75% of the total working days of a semester will not be allowed to appear in the semester-end evaluation;
- If a trainee does not attend classes from the very first day continuously for 5 (five) days then his/her name will be deleted. However, if a trainee cannot attend classes for his/her health problem in that case medical certificate will have to be produced for consideration.
- If a trainee fails to attend 75% of classes for a particular semester, in that case, the trainee will not be allowed to continue the course.
- There will back system in each semester end evaluation up to 3 (three) papers. If a trainee fails in more than 3 (three) papers then he/she will have to appear for the entire papers of the concerned semester. Unsuccessful trainees of any semester will be given only TWO more chances to clear the concerned semester by appearing together with the next semester-end evaluation.
- The unsuccessful trainees of the last semester will also be given only one more chance to appear in evaluation as private candidate subject to compulsory attendance in practice teaching classes and on payment of prescribed examination fee and other fees if any to be determined by the State Board of Teacher Education, Assam in due course of time.
NCTE Recognised Teacher Education Institutes in Assam:
DIET, Barpeta, Howly, 781316
Basic Training Centre, Chenga, Barpeta, Pin-781305
Bajali Teacher Training College (Private)
Normal School, Bongaigaon
DIET, Cachar, Udarbond, Pin-788030
Normal School, Silchar, Tarapur, Ward No. 24, Pin-788001
DIET, Darrang, Dalgaon, Pin-784116
Basic Training Centre, Dalgaon
DIET, Dhubri, Golakganj, Pin-783334
Basic Training Centre, Golakganj
DIET, Dibrugarh, Chabua, Bishmile
Basic Training Centre, Chabua, Dibrugarh, Pin- 786184
DIET, Dima Hasao, N. C. Hills, Kalachand, Maibang, Pin-788834
DIET, Goalpara, Dudhnoi, Pin-783124
Basic Training Centre, Dudhnoi, Goalpara, Pin-783124
DIET, Golaghat, Dergaon, Pin-785614
Basic Training Centre, Dergaon, Golaghat
Dr. Shashi Bhusan Institute of Education, (Private) Lakshirbond, Boalipar Bazar, Pin-788155
Basic Training Centre, Hailakandi
DIET, Jorhat, Titabor, Puruna Titabor, Pin-785632
Normal School, Jorhat, Pin-785001
DIET, Kamrup, Mirza, Pin-781125
Basic Training Centre, Rangia, Kamrup, Pin-781354
Baihata Chariali B.Ed. College (Private)
Basic Training Centre, Diphu, Pin-782460
DIET, Karimganj, Kaliganj, Kaliganj Bazar, Pin-788720
Basic Training Centre, Kaliganj
Patharkandi College of Teacher Education (Private)
DIET, Kokrajhar, Pin-783370 BTC, Kokrajhar
DIET, Lakhimpur, Azad, North Lakhimpur, Pin-787001
DIET, Morigaon, Morigaon, Pin-782105
DIET, Nagaon, Samaguri, Bheleuguri, Pin-782140
Normal School, Nagaon, Sankar Mission Road, Nagaon, Pin-782001
Basic Training Centre, Raha, Nagaon, Pin-782103
DIET, Nalbari, Karia
Basic Training Centre, Nalbari, Nalbari
Basic Training Centre, Joysagar
DIET, Sonitpur, Biswanath Chariali, Pin-784176
Normal School, L. B. Road, Sootea, Pin-784175
Biswanath College of Education, Biswanath Chariali, (Private)
DIET, Sivasagar, Bhojo, Subdivision-Charaideo, Sonari, Pin- 785691
Basic Training Centre, Sonari
Venue of the D. El. Ed. Pre-Entry Test (PET)
The Entrance Test shall be held in all the DIETs of Assam.
However, depending on the number of candidates, the Entrance Test of Diploma in Elementary Education Assam may be held in nearby School/College.
- Date of Pre-Entry Test (PET): May 2018
- Date of opening of On-line submission of Application: April 2018
- Date of Closing of On-line submission of Application: May 2018
For detail Admission Notice Syllabus, question pattern, marking system etc. of Diploma in Elementary Education, Assam along with prospectus kindly visit the official website scertassam.co.in.
N. B. The course will be conducted in private TEIs provided they apply for affiliation to SBTE, Assam in prescirbed form & subject to granting affiliation by SBTE, Assam.