5000+ Job In Assam Police for 10th Passed and Graduates
This page will tell you about the recent announcement of job in Assam Police. Assam Police is one of the most important organizations in Assam.
Bonus Read: Recent Bank job in Assam
Vacancy in Assam Police:
Assam Police recruits various unemployed and talented candidates every year. So Assam Police releases Assam Police Vacancy time to time to hire various eligible candidates to serve the nation.
You can download Detailed Notification regarding job in Assam Police from the official website. For this, you have to log on the Official website www.assampolice.gov.in.
Before filling Online Application for the vacancy positions, you should note some important things. Here, I have described in details, what to do to be a policeman in under Assam govt.
Many candidates want to get placed in Police Department and various candidates decided aim of their life to join Police Force and serve the public.
Check below Eligibility criteria, Selection Process, Application Process, Preparation Process for Career in Assam police.
If you are not eligible for this Latest Assam Police Recruitment then prepare for Next Assam Police Vacancy.
Eligibility Criteria for Assam Police Jobs:
In order to appear in the Recruitment Tests, you must fulfill the following criteria-
For SI: Candidate should not be more than 24 years and less than 20 years of age.
The date of birth accepted by the SLPRB will be as per matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate issued by a recognized Board. No other document relating to age such as horoscope, affidavit, birth extract from Municipal Corporation, service record etc. will be accepted. Relaxation : Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in respect of candidates belonging to SC, ST(P) and ST(H)
#3 Educational qualification for job in Assam Police:
However, the candidates applying for the posts of Constable of Police (WO/WT) in APRO, he/she should have passed H.S. or Class XII in Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the combined subjects from a recognized Board or Council.
For SI: The candidate must be a graduate in Arts, Science, Commerce or equivalent stream from a recognized College / Institutions affiliated to a recognized University.
Also Read- How to Crack APSC Exam
#4 Physical Standards:
Chest (Only for men)
Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST(P) etc, Normal-80Cm Expanded- 85 Cm
ST (H) Normal 78 cm(30.5’’) Expanded 83 cm (32.5’’)
#5 Medical standards (for SI rank job in Assam Police):
- Candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot or squint in eyes and they should possess high color vision.
- Colour blindness will be a disqualification.
- Varicose veins shall be considered a temporary disqualification.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health.
- They must be free from any physical deformities and free from diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, hernia, piles, heart diseases, respiratory diseases or any other ailment that is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- Eye sight – the distant vision should be 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer than 6/9 for the other without correction. Near vision should be normal.
How To Apply for Job In Assam Police:
To apply for the recruitment in Assam Police, you should apply for the posts before the last date.
Applications must be submitted online through Assam Police website www.assampolice.gov.in. There is no option for other forms of application.
To apply for job in Assam Police, go to the official website and register your name with your email address and mobile phone number. These should be specific to each candidate.
No documents, testimonials/caste certificate etc are to be submitted with the application form.
Be careful. Before submitting the application form, double check it. After clicking on the “complete” button, you can not change the application form.
After successful submission of the form, you can download the registration / application slip with ID No.
It is mandatory for the candidates to mention a valid email address and individual mobile phone number in the application form as the same will be required to inform the applicant regarding the status of their application and convey other related information.
The information will also be sent through SMS and email to the candidates on their mobile numbers and email addresses.
Important:Keep ready the following documents before online application. You will have to upload scanned copies of the following documents:
The admit card will be printed with the photograph you submit.
- The photograph must be in colour and must be taken in a professional studio. Photograph taken using a mobile phone and other self composed portraits are not acceptable.
- Photograph must be taken in a white background.
- The photograph must have been taken after 1st July, 2015.
- You Face should occupy about 50% of the area in the photograph, and with a full face view looking into the camera directly.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, both eyes, nose, cheek, lip, and chin should be clearly visible.
- If you normally wear spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses for the photo shoot.
- You must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
- Ask your photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 4.5cm x 3.5 cm ( 45mm x 35mm ) print.
- Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 640 x 480 (0.3 Mega Pixel) (Ask your studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher).
- Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 320 x 240.
- The maximum file size is 450 kb (kilo bytes).
- For your own benefit it may be prudent not to intentionally change your facial features or hair style as in the photograph until the day of the exam.
#2 Thumb Impression:
- The candidate will have to take his / her left thumb impression on a white piece of paper, neatly, without any smudges and scan a copy and upload it in the slot provided.
- Dimension of thumb impression image should be 3.5cm (width) x 1.5cm (height) only.
- Candidates should make sure their uploaded thumb impression are clear. 100 kb is the maximum size.
- Please put your signature with a black or dark blue ink on a white paper.
- Get the signature digitally photograph / image scanned by a professional photo studio, and get the image cropped by the studio itself.
- Only JPEG image formats will be accepted.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 800 x 300.
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 400 x 150. Page 5 of 11
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5cm (width) x 2.5cm (height).
- The maximum file size is 100 kb.
- Mobile phone photograph of signature is not acceptable, and can result in disqualification of the application.
Testimonials/ Documents to be submitted when appearing in Tests:
- Certificate of proof of age. (HSLC or equivalent certificates)
- Certificate of HSLC or equivalent examination
- Mark-sheet of HSLC or equivalent examination
- Certificate of Higher Secondary or equivalent examination
- Mark –Sheet of Higher Secondary or equivalent examination
- Certificate of additional qualifications such as Diploma from ITI or other recognized / accredited institute etc (if any).
- Certificate of sports, games etc. (if any).
- Experience certificate of serving in Home Guards and certificate of NCC (if any) from competent authority.
- Certificate of caste from the competent authority in respect of the candidates belonging to ST(P)/ST(H)/SC/OBC & MOBC.
- 2 (two) copies of passport size recent photographs.
- Certificate of knowledge in swimming / driving.
Selection Procedure for job in Assam Police:
Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respect will have to undergo the Physical Standards Tests (PST) and Physical Efficiency Tests (PET).
If any candidate is found to have any physical deformity as may be detected by the Medical Officer present in the Selection Board, he/ she will be debarred from participating in the other tests.
#1 Scrutiny of Documents:
Candidates who are rejected will be given rejection slips specifying the reason of rejection.
Submission of any incorrect information or forged document at any stage will lead to disqualification of the candidate and may also render him / her liable to criminal prosecution.
Original documents of a candidate may be put to check at any later stage of the recruitment process also. All the photostat copies submitted by the candidates will have to be duly self attested.
#2 Assam Police Physical Standard Test:
Measurement of the height, weight & chest (only males) of the candidates will be done and after which the candidate will be inspected by a Medical Officer for preliminary check-ups like knock knee, vision test, colour blindness test, flat foot, varicose vein, physical deformities etc.
Once a candidate clears the PST he/she will have to appear in the PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
#3 Physical Efficiency Test for Job In Assam Police:
Candidates who clear PST, will be required to undergo PET. There are various Award of marks for for PET for excellency.The PET consists of the following :
a) Race for job in Assam Police: Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 3.2 km race to be completed within 14 minutes (840 seconds for constable and 900 seconds for SI).
b) Long Jump for job in Assam Police: Minimum 335 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).
a) Race: For job in Assam Police, those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 1600 mtrs. race to be completed within 8 minutes.
b) Long Jump: Minimum 244 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).
#4 Written Test for Job In Assam Police:
Candidates will be called for the Written Test in order of merit at the rate of 5 (five) times the number of posts allotted in respect of each category.
If the total number of qualifying candidates turns out to be less than 5 times the number of posts, all qualifying candidates but no other will be called for the Written Test.
Written Test will be conducted throughout the State on one day at each district HQ.The date of the written test will be notified later.
For Constable: Written test will consist of 100 multiple choice type questions to be answered on an OMR answer sheet.
For each correct answer the candidate will get half a mark.
Questions will be of the level of class IX and X. Total marks for the Written Test will be 50.
There will be no negative marking.
For SI: The written test will be of 100 marks and will be completely OMR based.
There will be 100 questions and each question will be of 1 (one) mark.
There will be negative marking of ½ mark for each wrong answer. The questions will be set in three parts
#5 Extra-curricular activities and special skills for Job In Assam Police:
(A) Extra Academic Achievements- based on results of Higher Secondary Examination (for Constable):
Max marks 5
- 40 – 59.99 % : 2 marks
- 60 – 74.99% : 3 marks
- 75 % and above : 5 marks
Extra Academic Achievements (for SI) :-
Max 5 marks.
- 2nd Div / more than 50% marks in BA / BSc / BCom / or equivalent in aggregate. – 01 (one) mark
- 1st Div / more than 60% marks in BA / BSc / BCom / or equivalent in aggregate. – 02 (two) marks
- Additional Degrees – MA / MSc / MCom / LLB / LLM / BTech / Degree in Engineering / MBBS / BDS – 03 (three) marks
(B) NATIONAL CADET CORPS (NCC) – Max Marks – 03 (three)
- NCC „C‟ Certificate – 03 (three) marks
- NCC „B‟ Certificate – 02 (two) marks
- NCC „A‟ Certificate – 01 (one) marks
(c) HOME GUARDS – Max Marks – 03 (three)
- Home Guards who have completed advanced training and are deployed as armed Home Guard for a period of 4 (four) years or more. – 03 (three) marks
- Home Guards who have completed the advanced training and are deployed as armed Home Guard for a period more than one year but less than 4 years. – 02 (two) marks
- Home Guards who have completed basic course with refresher training and on duty as Home Guard for a period of 4 (four) years or more. – 02 (two) marks
- Home Guards who have completed the basic training and deployed as home guard continuously for a period of more than 1 (one) year but less than 4 (four) years. – 01 (one) marks
(D) SPORTS – Max Marks – 03 (three)
- Represented India in International events recognized by the International Olympic Association in any discipline and received medals. – 03 (three) marks
- Represented India in International events recognized by the International Olympic Association in any discipline. – 03 (three) marks
- National level Sports person who represented the State in any discipline recognized by the Indian Olympic Association and received medals. – 02 (two) marks
- National level Sports person who represented the State in any discipline recognized by the Indian Olympic Association. – 02 (two) marks
- State level Sports person who represented District in State Level Competition and won medals. – 01 (one) marks
- State level Sports person who represented District in State Level Competition. – 01 (one) marks
(E) PROFICIENCY IN COMPUTERS -Max Marks – 05 (five)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA) – 05 (five) marks
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) – 04 (four) marks
- 2 (two) years Diploma from any Govt. / UGC recognized / accredited Universities / Institutions. – 03 (three) marks Page 10 of 11
- 1 (one) Year Diploma from any Govt. / UGC recognized / accredited Universities / Institutions – 02 (two) marks
- Minimum 6 (six) months course in Computers from any Govt. / UGC recognized / accredited Universities / Institutions – 01 (one) mark
NOTE: Maximum marks in Extra-curricular activities and special skills – 10 marks.
Preparation of Final Merit List:
Final results would be based on the marks obtained as follows:
- Marks awarded in PET – Maximum marks 40.
- Multiple choice objective type Written Test: Maximum marks 50.
- Extra-curricular activities and special skills: Maximum marks 10. Total 100 marks.