10+2 Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme:
Here is a great news for 10+2 PCM holders!!
Indian Army has invited unmarried Male Candidates to join the organisation. For that your qualification should be 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
After four years of Basic Military Training and Technical Training you will be appointed to Permanent Commission in the Army.
See the details of Eligibility conditions, Job details, Selection Process, Preparation Guide etc below.
online application for join indian army will open on 08 NOV 2016 at 10:00 HRS and will be closed on 07 DEC 2016 at 10:00 HRS.
Vacancy Position in 2016-17:
There are 90 provisional vacancies available for technical jobs in Indian Army now. these vacancy positions can be changed depending on the training capacity at the training Academy for this course.
The vacancies are subject to increase/decrease keeping the organizational requirement at the point of time.
Pay Structure and Allowances:
As per Indian army technical recruitment, on completion of 3 years training, you will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs 15,600/- + Rs. 5,400/-) as is admissible to NDA cadets.
On completion of 4 Years training you will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank.
#1 The Current Pay for indian army positions are as under:
||SCALE 67,000-(annual increment @ 3%)- 79,000
|HAG + Scale * *Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens
||75,500 – (annual increment @ 3%) – 80,000
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)
#2 Qualification Grant:
For technical entry in indian army, officers possessing certain prescribed qualification are entitled to lump sum Qualification Grant of 6,000/-, 9,000/-, 15,000/- or 20,000/- based on the qualification held by them.
#3 Qualification Pay:
The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in Army Aviation Corps are entitled to the Qualification Pay, based on the Qualification held by them, as under: –
- Master Aviation Instructor – Rs. 500/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class I – Rs. 400/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class II – Rs. 280/- p.m.
- Aviators holding Master Green-Card – Rs. 400/- p.m.
- Aviators holding Green Card – Rs. 280/- p.m.
#4 Flying Allowance:
The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in the Army Aviation Corps are entitled to flying allowance as under:-
- Brig & above Rs 10,500/-
- Maj to Col Rs 14,000/-
- Capt Rs 11,000/ –
- Lt Rs 9,000/-
#5 Other Allowance for indian army technical jobs:
The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as under:
||To Whom Applicable
|Hard Area Allowance
||Officers Posted to Hard Area
||6750PM (25% of Basic pay)
Uncongenial Climate Siachen
|Officers Posted in High Attitude/
Uncongenial Climate Officers Posted in Siachen
|Highly active Field
Area Allowance Field Area Allowance
Modified Field Area Allowance
|Officer Posted at Highly Active Field Area
Officer Posted at Field Area
Officer Posted at Modified Field Area
Special Forces Allowance
|Officer Posted as Army Aviator
Officers Posted in Active Parachute BNs/Regt
Officer posted in Special Forces
Officers Posted in Peace Stations
Rs 3200/-+DA PM in AI/A cities and
Rs 1600+DA PM at other places
||To officers not provided
||10-30% of Basic Pay Allowance Govt .Accommodation (Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP)
|Kit Maint Allowance
||Intial 14000/- and (Outfit Allowance) 3000 every Three Years
In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances have been further enhanced by 50% as Dearness Allowance has gone up by 100%.
#6 Cost to company (CTC):
The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 65000/- per month.
This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance.
These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
Moreover, Army provides
Free medical Facilities for Self & dependents,
Mess/ Club/Sports Facilities
Furnished Govt Accommodation,
Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
Pension Gratuity and casual pensionary award will be admissible in accordance with the rules in force from time to time.
Leave will be admissible in accordance with the rules in force from time to time. On commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual leave and 20 days casual leave LTC, and other concessions.
Group Insurance Scheme for Army Officials:
On being commissioned, all officers will be guided by the terms and conditions as given out by the Army Group Insurance Scheme and as amended from time to time.
(a) Army Group Insurance Fund Provides Insurance cover of Rs. 15 Lac on payment of onetime nonrefundable premium of Rs. 8200/-.
If a cadets is relegated an additional premium of Rs. 1,444/- per relegated term will be paid.
Those who are medically boarded out on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be Rs. 7.5 Lac reduced up to Rs. 1.5 Lac for 20 per cent disability.
However, disability for less than 20 percent, an ex-gratia of Rs. 50,000/- will be paid and Rs. 1 lakh ex-gratia will be paid to cadets invalid out during their last year of trg wef 01 Jan 2011.
There is no saving component under this scheme.
Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre-enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and ex gratia Grant.
(b) The Gentlemen Cadets when in receipt of stipend are insured for Rs. 75 lakh wef 01 Oct 2016.
Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be Rs. 25 Lac which is proportionately reduced up to Rs. 5 Lac for 20% disability.
However, for less than 20% disability an Ex-Gratia grant of Rs. 50,000/- for first two years of training and Rs 1 lakh during the last year of training will be paid.
Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre-enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia grant.
In addition, Gentlemen Cadet withdrawn on disciplinary grounds, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaving the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia.
Subscription at the rate of Rs. 5000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by Gentlemen Cadet to become member under the main AGI Scheme as applicable to regular Army officers.
The subscription for the relegated period would also be recovered at the same rate.
Scope of Promotion in Indian Army:
For technical entry scheme for indian army, the following are the service limit for the grant of the substantive promotion to higher ranks:
#1 By time scale :
- Lt. (on Completion of training)
- Capt. 2 years of reckonable commissioned service
- Major 6 years of reckonable commissioned service Lt.
- Col. 13 years of reckonable commissioned service
- Col (TS) 26 years of reckonable commissioned service
#2 The qualifying service for consideration for promotion by selection is as under:
- Col. 15 years of reckonable commissioned service
- Brigadier 23 years of reckonable commissioned service
- Major Gen 25 years of reckonable commissioned service
- Lt. Gen. 28 years of reckonable commissioned service
- General No restriction
To join technical entry scheme indian army, a candidate must either be :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above, shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility issued by Govt of India is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Govt before declaration of result by SSB/joining training.
All candidates selected to join Indian Army are required to have their Aadhar Card prior to joining training. All candidates applying to Join Indian Army are therefore advised to obtain Aadhar Card at the earliest.
#2 Army Age Limit:
A candidate must not be below 16½ years and above 19½ years on the first day of the month in which the course is commencing.
The candidate should not be born before 01 Jan 1998 and not after 01 Jan 2001 (both days inclusive) to join indian army technical entry scheme .
NOTE 1: Candidate should note only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of application will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
NOTE 2: Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records, no change will be allowed subsequently or a subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.
NOTE 3: Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government.
#3 Indian Army Qualification:
Only those candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from recognized education boards are eligible to apply to join indian army technical entry scheme .
Eligibility condition for calculating PCM % of various state /central boards will be based on marks obtained in Class XII only.
#4 Physical Standard:
Candidates must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards.
Candidates are advised to get themselves medically examined before submitting their applications to avoid disappointment at the final stage.
Candidates are also advised to rectify minor defects/ailments in order to speed up finalisation of medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB.
The under mentioned ailments are considered, common minor ailments:-
- Wax (Ears),
- Hydrocele/ phimosis,
Civilian candidates appearing for all types of commission in the Armed Forces will be entitled to outpatient’s treatment from services sources at public expense for injuries sustained or disease contracted during the course of their examination by the selection Board.
They will also be entitled to in-patient treatment at public expense in the Officers ward of a hospital provided,
- The injury is sustained during the test or;
- The disease contracted during course of examination by selection board and there is no civil hospital; or
- The medical board requires the candidate’s admission for observation.
Note: They are not entitled to special nursing.
#5 Standard Height and Weight Chart for 10+2 (TES):
See the below table to know the accepted height and weight for technical entry in ARMY.
A 10% departure from the average weight given in the Table above is to be considered within normal limits.
However, in individuals with heavy bones and broad built and as well as individuals with thin built otherwise healthy, this may be relaxed to some extent on merit.
Note: Height relaxation upto 2.5 cm. may be allowed where the Medical Board certifies that the candidate is likely to grow and come up to the required standard on completion of his training.
On account of lower age of candidate, a margin of upto 5.00 cm. in height, 2.5 cm. in leg length (minimum) and 1.0 cm sitting height (minimum) may be given provided it is certified by the Medical Board that the candidate is likely to grow and come upto the required standard on completion of his training.
Chest should be well developed. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
The measurement will be taken with a tape so adjusted that its lower edge should touch the nipple in front and the upper part of the tape should touch the lower angle of the shoulder blades behind. X-ray of the chest is compulsory and will be taken to rule out any disease of the chest.
#7 Condition Of Bones:
There should be no disease of bones and joints of the body.
X-ray of Spine of candidates will not be carried out as a routine. It will, however, be done on the advice of Surgical Specialist wherever, clinically indicated.
Minor congenital defects which are not likely to interfere in the performance of military duties may be acceptable on merit though congenital defects are considered as a cause for rejection.
#8 Condition of Eyes:
Distance Vision (Corrected) Better Eye (6/6), Worse (6/9).
Myopia should not be more than -2.5 D and Manifest Hypermetropia not more than +3.5 D including astigmatism.
Internal examination of the eye will be done by means of ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye.
A Candidate must have good binocular vision; the color vision standard will be CP III (Defective Safe).
Candidates should be able to recognise white, signal red and signal green colours correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at a distance of 1.5 metre or read the requisite plate of Ishihara Book / Tokyo Medical College Book.
Candidates will be required to give certificates that neither he nor any members of his family has suffered from congenital night blindness. Candidates who have undergone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy, to improve the visual acuity, will be permanently rejected.
The candidates should have sufficient number of natural and sound teeth. A minimum of 14 dental points will be acceptable.
When 32 teeth are present, the total dental points are 22.
A candidate should not be suffering from severe pyorrhoea.
“Physical conditioning”. Prospective candidates are advised to keep themselves in good physical condition, by following the under mentioned regimen daily:-
- Jogging 3 to 5 Kms interspersed with short sprints
- Pushups and sit ups (minimum 20 each).
- Chin ups (Minimum 08).
- It would be of immense benefit the candidates could learn the basic of swimming.
However, non swimmers will be taught swimming at the training academy.
#11 Mark of Tattoo:
Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back (dorsal) side of hand / Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection.
Candidates from various Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
Policy on painting of Tattoo is given on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
#12 Other Important Conditions:
- Thorough Clinical examination of the spine including its shape, local tenderness if any, spinal movements etc. is to be carried out.
- A candidate should have no past history of mental breakdown or fits
- The hearing should be normal. A candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 Cms in a quiet room.
- There should be no signs of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessels, Blood pressure should be normal.
- The muscles of abdomen should be well developed and there should be no enlargement of liver or spleen.
- Un-operated hernia will make a candidate unfit. If operated this should have been done at least a year prior to the present examination and the healing is complete.
- There should be no hydrocele, varicocele or piles.
- Urine examination will be done and any abnormality if detected will be a cause for rejection.
- Any disease of skin which is likely to cause disabilities or disfigurement will also be a cause of rejection.
Process to Apply for 10+2 Entry in Army:
If you are satisfied with the above conditions, you can apply for the job in Indian army and build your career.
To apply for the posts, you have to log on to the official website of Indian Army for technical entry scheme application form.
- Application process is online.
- After log in to the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, click on the “online application” button.
- Now enter required particulars in the online application carefully. You will get guidline to filling the form on the application form.
- Be careful when filling the form. You can edit your data before final submission. Onece submitted the online form, you can not change it.
- While filling up the application form, indicate exact PCM percentage of Class 12th upto two decimals and are not to be rounding off.
- You may upload photo, signature and other documents in the application form. Attach all the required documents after scanning in preferred format.
- After submitting the form an acknowledgement with a Roll number will be provided to the candidate. If the system does not generate Roll Number, it is an indication of non acceptance of application by the system.
- After submitting online application, obtain two copies of the application printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.
- One copy of the print out application duly Signed by you should be carried to the selection center for the SSB interview.
For SSB interview, you have to print out of online application. You should produce this application form accompanied by original documents of
- 10th class certificate issued by the Board concerned (CBSE/ State Boards/lCSE) in which date of birth is reflected for proof of date of birth (Admit card/Mark sheet/Transfer/Leaving Certificate etc. are not acceptable for proof of date of birth) and
- 10+2 certificate and mark sheet for proof of education. Revised mark sheets issued by a Board/University after last date of submitting online application will not be accepted for this course; however, the same will be accepted for the subsequent course.
Your Application May Be Rejected if:
- Incomplete applications in any respect.
- Variation in names and spellings as recorded in application/Matric or equivalent certificate not supported by affidavit.
- Non-attachment of self attested copy of 10th class certificate for age proof and 12th class mark sheet for proof of PCM %.
- Without self attested photograph affixed on application form
- Application not signed by Candidate
- Submission of more than ONE application.
- Any ambiguity / false information/ concealment of information detected in the certificates (mentioned at Para 13 (c)) will result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of selection.
Selection Procedure for 10+2 Entry:
#1 Steps of Selection for the Army job through indian army 10 2 technical entry scheme :
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on cut mark applied as decided by the Rtg Dte.
- Shortlisted candidates will be intimated via e-mail /SMS regarding their Selection Centre allotment.
- Once Selection Centre has been allotted, candidates will select their SSB dates on first cum first serve basis by logging on to respective Selection Centre links forwarded via e-mail.
- Short listed candidates will be put through Services Selection Board (SSB) interview at Bhopal, Bengaluru or Allahabad. Interviews will be held in Feb/Mar 2017 onwards.
- Duration of SSB interview is five days. During their stay at SSB, Candidates are put through Psychological Tests, Group Tests and an Interview.
- Candidates will be put through stage – I of the selection procedure on the first day. Only successful candidates shall be retained for balance of the testing. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage – I, will be returned on the first day itself. Stage I are psychologically originated tests including intelligence test.
- Successful candidates at the SSB will be required to undergo medical tests lasting 3 to 5 days less Sundays and gazetted holidays.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available.
- Final merit list will be displayed at the notice board of Rtg Dte., (Offers Selection), DG Rtg, West Block-III, R.K Puram, New Delhi PIN -110066 as well as Indian Army, Recruiting Directorate website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in before induction for pre-commissioning training.
- For any queries regarding SSB interview centre, call up details, reporting date and merit list, contact: 011-26175473 between 1400 hrs to 1700 hrs on working days or visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Dte Gen of Rtg’s fax No is 011-26196205
- The finally selected candidates will execute all the Bonds/Certificates as prescribed for the Cadets of NDA entry under Al 53/78.
#2 Important Documents for SSB Interview:-
You should carry the following documents along with the printed application form. Application form should be duly signed by you.
- Class 10th certificate / mark sheet showing DOB in original.
- Class 12th certificate / mark sheet in original.
- ID proof in original
- Two self attested photocopies of the above mentioned certificates will be submitted at the time of SSB interview and originals will be returned after verification at the SSB itself.
- 20 copies of self attested PP size photograph will also be carried along with the Application Form.
- Candidates must submit only one application; Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.
#3 Medical Examination:
After recommended by the Services Selection Board, you will undergo a medical examination by Board of Service Medical officers.
Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical board.
They will check your physical and mental fitness during the checkup.
- You must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability. Your physical and mental health may not interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or under weight.
- The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5cms. less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone.
However, the candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the president of the Medical Boards and the procedure for request for an Appeal Medical Board will also be intimated to the candidate.
Candidates declared unfit during Appeal Med. Board will be intimated about the provision of Review Med. Board.
#4 How to Change SSB Interview Date:
Request for change of SSB Interview date should be avoided.
Change of date will be permitted based on valid reasons only along with supporting documents.
Under most unavoidable circumstances, such change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case.
This will be an exception rather than rule.
Request for such change should be forwarded to Directorate General Recruiting.
Training after Selection in Army:
#1 Training Period:
Total training will be 5 years, Details are as under:
- Basic Military Training: 1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
- Technical Training: Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad), Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad.
#2 Award of Degree:
The candidates will be awarded Engineering degree after successful completion of training.
In case they fail to qualify in the following year examination, the same will result in loss of seniority to them and they will forfeit seniority to the extent of delay in passing Engineering degree examination.
If they fail to qualify even within three years of their commissioning, their commission will be terminated.
# Cost of Training:
The entire cost of training including books and reading material is borne by the Army. Cadets are also provided with free accommodation and messing. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ Rs. 8135/- per week (or as notified from time to time) for the period of his stay at the Officer Training Academy, Gaya/Cadet Training Wing.
You can join Indian Army technical branch if you have passed your 10+2 exam with PCM. Army has published notification regarding the vacancy positions.
Fill the online application for join indian army and prepare for the SSB interview.
After qualifying in the SSB Interview, there will be a medical examination.
Then you will be trained for 5 years in various institutions.
You will get an Engineering degree on successful completion of the training courses and appointed as an army official.