Applications are invited for NHPC Fellowship Scheme For Assam 2016 for Students of Assam. The scholarship will be awarded strictly on merit cum income basis subject to receipt of duly filled Application Form along with relevant supporting documents.
Read below for the category of courses, Qualifying examination and Marks considered for NHPC Fellowship Scheme Assam 2016.
1. Masters in various courses, M (Tech)/M.E. / MSc. From IIT(s)/ NIT(s)/ IISc:
2. Degree in Engineering
5. Master in Geology/ Geophysics
6. Post Graduate Degree in Mass Communication & Journalism/ Hotel Management
Also read- Railway vacancy in Assam.
7. Graduate Degree in Mass Communication & Journalism/ Hotel Management
8. Diploma in Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for NHPC Fellowship Scheme:
- The “NHPC FELLOWSHIP SCHEME FOR ASSAM 2016‟ is admissible for students of Assam domicile only.
- For the category ‘Masters in various Courses’ at Sl. No. 1, students pursuing Master Course from IIT (s)/ NIT(s)/ Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and are not availing any financial assistance / stipends are eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing full time/regular courses (not correspondence/ distance/ online mode) in Colleges/ University/ Institution recognized by AICTE/State Technical Education Boards/MCI / MOHRD are eligible to apply.
- Overall grade point average (OGPA/ CGPA scale of grading system) shall be equivalent to 50% marks.
- Gross Annual income of the family of the candidate from all sources during a financial year should not be more than Rs 2.0 lakhs. However, in case of non-availability of students within the stipulated income ceiling, the income ceiling may be relaxed up to Rs 4.0 Lakhs.
- The candidate should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance / scholarship from any other source. However, in case of student getting free waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from State Government are eligible for applying for the Scholarships.
NHPC Fellowship Scheme Reservations:
- Reservation against quota SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWDs shall be regulated as per Government guidelines.
- 50% scholarships shall be reserved for the students from North Lakhimpur and Dhemaji districts. For any shortfall in this category, the same shall be made available to candidates from other districts of Assam.
- 50% scholarships shall be reserved for girls students only. For any shortfall in this category, the same shall be made available to boys students.
- Sons / Daughters of NHPC Employee / its Joint Ventures are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Subansiri Lower H.E. Project,
NHPC Ltd, P.O.
Gerukamukh, District: Dhemaji,
Assam, Pin- 787035.
If you are interested for the above mentioned courses, apply in prescribed application formate. You can download the application form from the website of NHPC.