Railway Job in Assam 2018 Application Form
Thousands of aspirants in Assam apply for Railway Job in Assam every year which is conducted by RRB Guwahati. But due to lack of information and proper study, only a few can get NF railway jobs in Assam.
So, it is time to prepare yourself with a strong mind to score good marks. Because you are going to face a very hard competition.
Therefore, the most important thing is to know the Preparation Tips to crack this exam. Because RRB Online Exams selection is made strictly as per merit.
Railway Job in Assam Notifications from RRB Guwahati:
The Railway Recruitment Board, Guwahati is functioning under the administrative control of Railway Recruitment Control Board, Railway Board, New Delhi. and has been assigned the task of undertaking the recruitment of Group “C” staff in a technical and non-technical category for following units of N. F. Railway:
N. F. Railway Headquarter, Maligaon,
Tinsukia Division and
Selection Procedure for RRB Recruitment:
Though you are studying hard to be get selected in the upcoming Railway Recruitment. But, Do you know the selection procedure and syllabus for RRB Exam for the post?
Knowing the selection procedure and syllabus you can prepare yourself more easily.
- There will be a common CBT (Computer Based Test)) for all the notified non-technical categories of RRBs for the recruitment in 2016. You must score well in this RRB Online exam. Because an Online test is compulsory for all the categories.
- Short-listed candidates from this exam will be called for verification of original documents. 50% extra candidates shall also be called for all the categories, in addition to the number of vacancies, unless otherwise specified as standby candidates merely to avoid the shortfall in empanelment.
- Candidates will have to produce their original certificates during documents verification. The candidature of the candidates not producing their original certificates on the date of verification is liable to be forfeited and No additional time will be given from RRB.
What is a Computer Based Test:
The preliminary exam will be of objective type and this is an online exam.
Computer Based Test is a test or examination where you will sit in front of a computer and the questions will be presented on the computer monitor and you should submit the answers through the use of keyboard and mouse.
To appear in an RRB CBT you should have the basic knowledge about the use of a computer such as the use of keyboard and mouse.
It is your responsibility to acquire these skills before appearing the RRB CBT that is likely to be held after some days that is tentatively scheduled to be held during March-May 2016.
Railway Job in Assam Procedure of CBT:
The question shall be of Objective multiple types.
RRB Exam question paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu and local languages as indicated in para 16.
The standard of questions for the single stage CBT (Computer Based Test) for jobs by Railway Recruitment Board will be generally in conformity with the educational standards prescribed for the posts.
The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to
(a) General Awareness
(c) General Intelligence and Reasoning.
So, it is clear that the CBT is the basic but the hardest part of the RRB Exam conducted by RRB.
Another important thing to be noted is that there shall be negative marking in CBT (Computer Based Test) and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer you may give @ 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
As the selection of RRB is made strictly according to the merit on the basis of CBT or Online Examination keep practicing as much as possible.
Do your study and prepare yourself according to the syllabus of RRB as I mentioned above.
Read for> Indian Army 10+2 Technical entry
Syllabus for Railway Job in Assam:
1. General Awareness for Railway Job in Assam:
You should give importance to this section because this section can give you more marks in low time. So, don’t underestimate this section. To get good marks in this section collect and study the most trusted GK and Current Affairs Books from the market. Study thoroughly the General Awareness Books and listen and read news regularly. You should study these subjects-
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Science and Technology
- Indian Polity
- Important Days
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Budget and Five Year Plan
- Indian Culture and Heritage
- Indian Constitution
- History of India
- Current Affairs- National and International
- National and International organizations etc.
2. Arithmetic for Railway Job in Assam:
You can not score well in this section unless you practice regularly. Before exercising in this section you must go through the basic mathematical formula and the shortcut methods for some long formula. To prevent wastage of your valuable time speed up your calculation and learn square up to 30 and multiplications table up to 20. This section includes-
- Number System
- HCF, LCM
- Time and Work
- Unitary Method
- Decimal Fractions
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Data Interpretation
- Interest- Simple and Compound
- Algebra etc.
3. General Intelligence and Reasoning for Railway Job in Assam:
Before answering any question in this section try to understand the question clearly.
Because the questions are very puzzling in this section. This section tries to test your reasoning abilities. If you understand the question, the answer is very easy. Try to study the following Items-
- Blood Relationship
- Age Calculation
- Number Series
- Alphabet series
- Direction Sense
- Mirror Image
- Cubes and Dice
- Grouping Identical figures etc.
After finishing your course, revise the sections once again to memorize the facts properly. Focus on each section, mainly, in the weak sections.
To Boost your speed set target of your course such as finishing one topic in an hour.
It is a good idea to keep a stopwatch with you whenever you study to get an idea for time management.
Recommended Books for Railway Job in Assam:
- Railway Common Computer Based Test 2018:
This book is specially prepared and published for those who aspire to serve in Indian Railways. This book comprises the latest study and Practice material, numerous important exam-style questions in the solved model paper to acquaint the aspirants with the exact exam pattern and the type of questions asked in previous Exams.
- Railway Non-Technical Question Bank 1996-2018 CPE-2018 Common Preliminary Examination (Paperback, Hindi)
- Crack RRB Non Technical Exam (Guide + 101 Topic-wise Tests + 14 Practice Sets Online/ Offline) (English):
This is a guide to RRB Non-Technical Recruitment Exam. This is an ultimate attempt to provide exposure to you for the upcoming RRB Non-technical online exam.
This book has 4 sections: (1)Test of Intelligence & Reasoning, (2) General Awareness, (3) Science and (4) Arithmetic. This book contains 3350+ Quality MCQ’s in the form of tests.
Solutions to each of the 101 tests are provided at the end of the book. The General Awareness section covers the latest Current Affairs.
- Railway Non- Tech. Graduate Level Online Exam Cbt – 2016 Question Bank 1996 To Till Date (With Cd) – Hindi (Paperback, Hindi)
For Railway Job in Assam Study according to the syllabus to get the required cutoff marks in the exam. Most of the candidates from Assam does not give interest in the selection process and syllabus of railway exams.
But, to get Railway Job in Assam you should mind it. Collect important study materials and start preparing.