A Special Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) for Graduate Teachers’ in Adarsha Vidyalaya in Assam will be held soon. This is to provide quality education in the Adarsha Vidyalayas.
The Special TET Assam for Graduate Teachers shall be conducted as per the provision enshrined by Govt. of Assam.
To select and screen eligible candidates who can offer their service as qualified teachers, all candidates of Special TET for Graduate Teachers shall have to appear and pass in the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by the Government.
Eligibility Criteria for Special Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) Assam:
For Special TET for Graduate Teachers, the Candidate must be a Citizen of India and must be a resident of Assam.
Educational Qualification for Special Graduate Teachers Eligibility Test:
The Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service (Amendment) Rules, 2012 has prescribed the amended qualification for direct recruitment to the post of graduate teachers.
- As per the substituted Schedule –II, the qualification for Graduate Teacher has been prescribed as BA/B.Sc/ B.Com with 50% marks with B.T./ B.Ed. degree from any recognized university.
- For Hindi Teacher: Pravin/ Ratna in Hindi with 50% marks having degree qualification from any
recognized University or B.A with Hindi as one of the subject with 50% marks and B.T / B.
Ed. degree from any recognized University.(The candidates must have aggregate of minimum
50% in degree)
Govt. of Assam has declared that ‘Hindi Sikshan Parangat’ and ‘Hindi Sikshan Nishnat’ conducted by Kendriya Hindi Sikshan Mandal, Agra as equivalent to B.Ed and M.Ed respectively for the purpose of teaching Hindi in High/Higher Secondary Schools. The same cannot be considered as B.Ed and M.Ed for other categories of teaching positions.
- Classical Teacher (Assamese Language): B.A with Honours/ Major in concerned subject with 50% marks and B.T. /B.Ed. degree from any recognized University. (The candidates must have aggregate 50% marks in Degree.)
The medium of Schools:
- Unlike TET LpUP teachers recruitment, For this Special Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) Assam, the candidates must be passed out from English Medium Schools as Adarsha Vidyalayas are CBSE affiliated English Medium School.
- Post of Classical Teachers(Assamese Language ) aforesaid eligibility criteria is not mandatory for applying the said TET .
Age Limit for Special TET, Assam:
For attain Special TET Assam, the age of the candidate must not be less than 18 years of age and not more above 43 years of age as on 01.01.2017.
Relaxation of upper age limit will be applicable for SC, ST (P), ST (H) for another 5 years as per Govt. of Assam OM No. ABP.06/2016/04 dated 03.03.2016.
PWD/PH persons can apply for appearing at the Special TET:
Those who are orthopedically impaired or have a locomotor disability. In this regard, the candidate shall obtain a certificate from competent government authority like from Social Welfare Deptt/ Orthopedic surgeon for submission to the Mission Director, RMSA, Assam. The candidate whose degree of physical disability is more than 40% is only eligible to apply, under this category.
In this regard, the candidate of Special Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) Assam shall obtain a certificate from competent government authority like from Social Welfare Deptt/ Orthopedic surgeon for submission to the Mission Director, RMSA, Assam. The candidate whose degree of physical disability is more than 40% is only eligible to apply, under this category.
The candidate whose degree of physical disability is more than 40% is only eligible to apply, under this category.
Other Qualifications for Special TET for Graduate Teachers by RMSA:
In regard this Special Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) Assam 2017, some other important necessery qualifications are as below-
- B.T / B. Ed. Degree from recognized University is a mandatory prerequisite eligibility qualification for applying for the TET examination.
- Degree qualification means a Bachelor Degree, no equivalence will be drawn.
- Degrees served from off Campus Centers shall not be accepted.
Qualification in TET examination is a mandatory prerequisite to appear at the interview for teacher recruitment.
The marks obtained in the TET examination by a candidate who has qualified in the TET examination shall be counted in the interview for the teacher recruitment which will be advertised subsequently.
How to Apply for Assam Special TET 2017:
- The cost of the application form is Rs.400/- (Rupees Four Hundred only). The details of payment of application will be available on our website.
- Detailed instruction on filling up of online application form will be uploaded in the website www.rmsaassam.in.
- For more information on TET candidates may please contact at the following offices-
- Inspector of Schools offices in Districts and their RMSA cells;
- State Mission Director RMSA Office, Kahilipara, Guwahati;
- Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati during office hours on all working days.
Posting of Graduate Teachers Under Special TET by RMSA:
The teacher recruitment after TET of graduate teachers in the Adarsha Vidyalaya shall be in accordance with RMSA, prescribe rules.
The advertisement for the posts of Graduate Teachers shall be issued by the RMSA, Authority.
The RMSA, Assam authority shall hold an interview and prepare a school wise selection list. Subject to the approval of the Approval Committee, the appointment to the post of the teacher shall be made from the selection list as per merit and subject to following government-prescribed reservations.
Minimum qualifying marks for passing TET:
To qualify in TET Examination the candidate must score at least 60% marks. However, 5% relaxation in marks will be given for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PWD.
Notwithstanding the minimum prescribed marks secured in TET Examination, the number of candidates declared as TET Examination qualified would be a maximum of double the number of vacancies of Teachers and such candidates will be determined as per merit position.
Validity of Special TET Assam:
All candidates who pass the Special Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) Assam will be awarded a certificate. The validity of the certificate shall be for a maximum period of 5(five) years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee, Government of Assam subject to the condition that the candidate otherwise fulfills the eligibility criteria prescribed for recruitment to the services in Government of Assam.
Time Schedule for Special Graduate Teachers’ Eligibility Test for Adarsha Vidyalaya(STET for Adarsha Vidyalaya) 2017, Assam:
- Opening of Online Application Form 25th June 2017
- Last date for Submission of online Application form 10th July 2017
- Last date of fees Payment at Bank for e-challan 15th July 2017
- Date of Examination Will be notified later
Structure & Content of the Special TET by RMSA Assam:
The examination shall be for 200 marks of 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each one of them carrying equal marks. The subject areas broadly are as follows.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|General Studies & Current Affairs||100 MCQs||100|
|Pedagogy & General English||100 MCQs||100|
Candidates have to qualify both the parts separately to qualify the exam.
Syllabus for Special TET for Graduate Teachers in Adarsha Vidyalaya, Assam 2017
Part 1: Special TET Assam General Studies and Current Affairs
This paper will be consist of multiple choice objective type questions. You have to answer 100 questions and total marks for thispaper will be 100.
A. General Studies (80 marks)
Unit 1: History and Culture of India with Special Emphasis on Assam History
Unit 2: Indian Political System and Constitution of India
Unit 3: General Science and Technology
Unit4: Geography of India with Special emphasis on Assam
Unit 5: Economy of India with Special emphasis on Assam
Unit6: Mental Ability, Logical Reasoning, nd Quantitative Analysis
Unit8: Secondary Education in India and Management of Schools
B. Current Affairs (20 Marks)
Matters of State, National, and International importance, Political and Economic developments, Culture, Art, Literature, Games, Sports, Scientific and Technological advancements, etc.
Part 2: Special TET Assam Syllabus for Pedagogy and General English
All the questions in this paper will be of Multiple Choice Objective Type. You will have to answer 100 questions for 100 marks.
See the details syllabus below-
A. Pedagogy (75 marks)
Unit 1: Teaching –Learning Process and Pedagogy
- General Principles of Teaching, Maxims of Teaching
- Significant trends in Modern Teaching Learning Process
- Process of Learning-Major Laws of Learning, Role of Motivation in Learning
- Teaching Methods and Techniques
- Teaching Skills
- Teaching Devices
- Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: Cognitive, Affective & Psychomotor
- Lesson Plan: Essentials of a good Unit
- Teaching Aids
Unit 2: Educational Psychology
- Educational Psychology- Its Meaning and Nature: Application of Educational Psychology in the classroom.
- Attention and Interest – Its Educational Implication
- Personality- Its Concept- role of family and school in personality development
- Education of Children with Special Needs
- Mental Health and Hygiene, Adjustment and Mechanism
- Intelligence- concept, and nature: Individual differences in intelligence, creativity.
Unit 3: Psychology of Adolescence
- Significance of Adolescence Period
- Dimensions of Development during Adolescence- physical, intellectual, social, emotional and moral.
- Emotional problems in the classroom.
- Understanding the adolescent learner- role of family and school
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Guidance and Counseling
- Understanding Developmental Hazards during adolescence.
B. General English (Maximum 25 marks)
Unit 1: Remedial Grammar
- Tense Forms
- Auxiliaries- primary and models
- Direct and indirect narration
- Active and passive voice
- Appropriate prepositions
- Vocabulary-antonyms, Synonyms
- Pairs of Words
Unit 2: Composition
- Letter Writing- Personal and Formal
- Report Writing
- Phrases and idioms
- Sentence structure – word order
- Paragraph writing
- Precis writing
- Miscellaneous Corrections
Best Books for Special TET Assam 2017:
As we have explained the official syllabus of special TET Assam for Adarsha Vidyalaya, there are mainly 04 subjects you have to give more interest.
- General Studies,
- Current Affairs,
- Pedagogy and
- General English
It will be better if you study these subjects manually from your NCRT textbooks. But this system will be time consuming.
From our experience of past years, will will recommend you to collect some books. These books are highly recommended by the experts and previous toppers.